I have been negligent in posting a few new offers coming out of Ft Detrick for Contracts, so here goes:
S09-174 RFP Cover Sheet Issued 7-2-09
This is an RFP for the following:
Using a sample of pure V-PROLI/NO that the NCI will supply, the Subcontractor shall provide all the data necessary to coauthor a report in a peer-reviewed journal in collaboration with the providers of the test substance that will include a full pharmacokinetic profile of this compound.
The Subcontractor shall develop and validate methods for assaying V-PROLI/NO in blood. Using methods completely consistent with animal welfare procedures approved by the NIH, administer V-PROLI/NO both intravenously, intraperitoneally, and orally to mice. Assay blood samples taken periodically, then convert the analytical data to the full set of pharmacokinetic parameters required for the desired publication, including at least clearance, Cmax, Tmax, AUC, distribution and metabolism half-lives via each route, and oral and intraperitoneal bioavailability.
Requirement for this request include:
The company to provide the custom oligonucleotides must be able to meet the following technical criteria:
1. To synthesize single stranded DNA custom oligonucleotides up to 100 residues in length.
2. To provide purification of the oligonucleotides including desalting, BioRP cartridge, PAGE and HPLC purification.
3. To provide 5’ and 3’ modifications of the oligonucleotides.
4. To provide quality control of oligonucleotides by MALDI-TOF or Sequenom MassARRAY Oligo Check. QC data mentioned previously is included in every shipment. If the sequence of the individual oligonucleotides is found and documented to be incorrect by the researcher then the vendor will replace the product at no charge and be shipped IAW with delivery schedule below.
5. To provide optional large scale production of oligonucleotides in gram amounts.
S09-198 – RFI – Insect Cell Based Biopharmaceutical Development Issued 7-21-09
This one’s an RFI, which means they are looking for people capable of doing the work, but not issuing a contract, yet. The caveate being, if you do the RFI, when the contract does come up you will be in the front of the line. Well, I’m sure that’s not entirely accurate from a contractual, legal perspective, but whetever:
SAIC-F is seeking companies or academic institutes with knowledge and experience on laboratory development (using an insect cell based system) from gene sequence of interest for either a therapeutic protein or self assembling virus like particles (VLP).
Responses for BioBeers continue to roll in, but looks like this month will be nice and intamate with only, say, 60 people. Still plenty of capacity for walk-in’s, but we do try to plan for food and staffing, so I’d appreciate an RSVP if you intend on coming. Also still looking for a Sponsor to cover the “Tipping Fee”. Also, if anyone has some research to present, I don’t have a presenter, yet.
If you’re on Twitter (or even not) I set up a Twtvite at http://twtvite.com/biq72l. Sadly, I am the only one to respond. Which means our topic of discussion for the edition of BioBeers will be: How do we get Science geeks off their flabby a$$es and engaged in Social Media?